Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Bloggiesta 2017

Bloggiesta Button 2

You know, it's been a while since I've actually participated in a Bloggiesta except to host Twitter Chats (I LOVE hosting Twitter Chats!). I've been working on trying to find a good pace for posting my book reviews without feeling overwhelmed. Heck, last year I read 28,000 pages but it ended up feeling more like work than fun. This year, I'm trying to slow down my reading, but since I only post once a week, I've got quite the backlog of reviews. It's making it so that, if I finish a book today, it'll be at least a month before the review goes up. And this isn't the best set up for authors and publishers, especially when I get NetGalley books.

So, my goal this Bloggiesta (other than hosting Thursday's 8 PM Twitter Chat) is to tweak my posting schedule. I'm thinking of adding a second review every two weeks. And if I don't have a review, I can use Book Tags or Recipes instead. 

What do you think? How do you handle your blogging schedule? Do you plan ahead or do you post as you finish your books? Please let me know!


8 comments:

  1. Happy Spring Bloggiesta!!

    Great Goals!!

    I am always on schedule with my reviews and post them a few days before, the day of, or a few days after publication date. I have them scheduled ahead of time so they can automatically post. That means reading ahead, but that's comfortable for me. I like things done on time and preferably AHEAD of time. :)

    I write my reviews as I read so I don't get behind.

    Have fun, and I LOVE the Twitter Chats. Great you will be the host on Thursday night.

    Elizabeth
    Silver’s Reviews
    SPRING BLOGGIESTA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm...I suppose I could start mixing up my schedule a little so that I always post about 3 days after I finish a book. I just worry about those weeks when I'd have nothing posted because I haven't finished a book. But, that could be when I hunt down a book tag post to do.

      Thank you for the food for thought!

      Delete
  2. Happy Bloggiesta! Have fun, and I hope you accomplish all your tasks. I don't schedule posts...but that's because I'm home all the time, with not much happening...LOL.

    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah yes, having time to post as I read would be nice. My work schedule just doesn't allow for that. ^_^

      Delete
  3. Posting schedules are awesome. I usually schedule my posts to where it posts a few weeks after I read it. I wish I could post as soon as I finish a book, but the way I schedule everything else keeps me from doing that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i used to post as i finished my reviews but then i would run out of reviews for the rest of the month Orz so i tried spreading them out, how many did i want a week? and i'd post them far enough apart where i wasn't spamming people (like mondays and thursdays)

    but if people want them out before a certain date i'd say do it sooner >_< unless they don't mind

    because i'm actually behind on my reviews, i've been posting them when i finish the book. i try to write something that day or the next o(-(

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have two things going to help schedule my posts. One is that I'm participating in challenge where we read a novel every two weeks. Second, I try to do a post for a meme, like Book Beginnings on Friday. Deadlines make me plan more carefully.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Bloggiesta! I don't really have a schedule that I follow. I try to do Waiting on Wednesday so that day is reserved for that, but that is the only one.

    ReplyDelete