Saturday, November 26, 2016

Monstress | Marjorie Liu & Sana Takeda


Review:

This book is truly an exemplification of the term "hauntingly beautiful". Liu's storytelling and Takeda's art style combine to create a world that looks so beautiful, but harbors many dark secrets. And considering the dark things that are open knowledge, that's saying something. I had some trouble at first because I don't like kids getting hurt, even kids that aren't human, but the payoff of continuing was worth it. 

There are a lot of things going on in this book. Many smaller stories entwined in the larger one. Fortunately it's easy to keep track without stumbling over plot holes. If anything, finding out how these stories are linked actually adds to the intrigue. 

This volume is a great start to, what I hope will be, a long series. I want to know more. Plus, I only threatened to not read the second volume if anything happened to my favorite character. You'll know who she is. She's the adorable one. 4 hoots!

                Hoot!Hoot!

                Hoot! Hoot!


2 comments:

  1. So adorable! Looking forward to Volume 2, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's one of the things I'm liking about this series, it's dark, but darn if it doesn't have some adorableness and humor.

      Delete