Monday, September 14, 2015

Extraordinary Engines | Nick Gevers


Summary:

A 2008 anthology of Steampunk. Several short stories written by some of the best Steampunk authors. The collection includes stories of robots, alternate universes, war machines, spirits and more.

Review:

I am very grateful to this book. After a lot of so-so books and a handful of non-fiction, I've been itching to read something different, something that would reignite my imagination and get me excited about reading again. Extraordinary Engines did just that for me. 

This book labels itself as "the definitive Steampunk anthology" and I can readily say that there wasn't a single story in the book that left me disappointed. If there was disappointment, it was only because they were short stories and not full books themselves. I've actually looked up some books by the authors presented and have them on my wishlist. 

So if you are a Steampunk enthusiast, or just looking for a diversion, I highly recommend Extraordinary Engines. You will find something in this book for you. 4 hoots!

                Hoot!Hoot!
                Hoot! Hoot!

No comments:

Post a Comment