Friday, May 29, 2015

Armchair BEA: Character Chatter & Blogging Q&A

Character Chatter

It's no secret that I am a complete Peter Clines fan girl. I literally jumped for joy when I got approved for an ARC copy of The Fold. So it shouldn't surprise anyone that the character I want to talk about most, that I would LOVE to meet in real life, is Barry (aka Zzzap) from the Ex-Heroes series. I was delighted to see him on the cover of the fourth book, Ex-Purgatory


I think one of the things I love most about Barry is that, yes, he's the comic relief, but he's also the most straightforward character. In a post-apocalyptic world with zombies and people pushing their own political agendas, Barry is always just trying to help out as many people as possible. He actually does help the most people because, in his Zzzap form, he's actually able to provide power for the entire Mount which allows the survivors to be productive and grow more and better food.

Best of all, Barry owns his role as the comic relief. Because he is the power source for the Mount in his Zzzap form for possibly days in a row, he gets bored. So to keep himself entertained he watches every DVD people can get their hands on. Of course, no new ones are being made, so he has to watch them again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and...you get the idea. Unfortunately this makes him a bit more difficult for Clines to write (you can't have Barry knowing about a pop culture reference from after the apocalypse) but I definitely appreciate the effort Clines puts into it. Barry's jokes are always just what I need.

To sum up, if I could say only one thing to Barry (aka Zzzap) it's this: 


Blogging Q&A

I'm not sure I've really been blogging long enough or well enough to be giving advice on how to do it. I guess I can summarize all the advice I've been given:

1 - Your blog, your rules. You set the schedule, you decide what gets posted.


2 - Don't stress the numbers. 


3 - If it stops being fun, stop doing it.



1 comment:

  1. Great post and I'll definitely be checking out the Ex series. Spot on advice to I don't think it matters how long you've blogged as long as you follow these rules. :)

    ReplyDelete