Friday, April 10, 2015

Oreo Cupcakes

It's been a long while since I've done a recipe review so I decided to record my baking for Easter Sunday. I ended up making Oreo Cupcakes, chocolate cupcakes with an Oreo at the bottom and crushed Oreos in the frosting. I used a generic chocolate cupcake recipe for the cupcakes and my usual recipe for the butter-cream frosting.


Ingredients:

For the generic chocolate cupcakes:



                          3 Cups Flour                         2 Eggs                         1 tsp Vanilla
                          2 Cups Sugar                         1 Cup Milk
                          1/3 Cup Cocoa Powder         1 Cup Water
                          2 tsp Baking Soda                 1 Cup Vegetable Oil

For the butter-cream frosting:


8 oz Cream Cheese       1/2 Cup Butter            ~1 lb. Powdered Sugar

Instructions:

The overall recipe is pretty simple. Mix the ingredients together and pour into the cupcake tins. However, because these are Oreo Cupcakes, we start out with cookies in the bottom of each cupcake.


THEN we fill them up to the brim.


The frosting is just as simple, though I'm adding in crushed Oreos that are getting further crushed by the hand mixer.


Then it's just a matter of combining the cupcakes and the frosting and the product is finished!



Review:

Between me, Fluxxdog and Veonoss, we can all agree that these do taste pretty good. Unfortunately there is room for improvement. The chocolate cupcake DEFINITELY tasted generic. Next time, I'll replace the water with either coffee or Bailey's Irish Cream. 

Still, it tastes pretty good and I will be baking it again. 4 Hoots!
        
                Hoot!Hoot!
                Hoot!Hoot!

Also, if you'd prefer to see the video, you can watch it here or go to my YouTube channel!*



*Thanks again, so much, Fluxxdog for editing.

No comments:

Post a Comment