Tuesday, April 21, 2015

April 2015 Dewey Read-A-Thon: Tentative Plan



It's that time again! The Dewey 24 Hour Readathon! Again I'll be aiming to stay up for the full 24 hours AND cheerleading! If things go as they did back in October, I'll be okay until around 3-4 AM. At that point, I may need to get an audiobook and listen while going for a walk to the gas station to get some more caffeine.

I will, of course, be checking twitter and Dewey's blog for hourly updates, but will remind myself to set the books down for a bit every 3 hours. I'm pretty sure I'll be able to eat and read at the same time, I've done it before. I'm also allowing myself to get up and walk around as I need to. The late night shower is because I'm used to taking a shower when I need to wake up and really did help last year.

Tentative Schedule
7 AM - Wake up, Prep
8 AM - Starting Post on Blog
11 AM - 3 Hours Post, Challenges, Visiting other blogs (30 minutes)
2 PM - 6 Hours Post, Challenges, Exercising/Stretching (30 minutes)
5 PM - 9 Hours Post, Challenges, Visiting other blogs (30 minutes)
8 PM - Halfway There Post, Challenges, Exercising/Stretching (30 minutes)
11 PM  - 15 Hours Post, Shower (30 minutes)
2 AM - 18 Hours Post, Challenges, Visiting other blogs (30 minutes)
5 AM - 21 Hours Post, Challenges, Exercising/Stretching (30 minutes)
8 AM - Final Post, Shower, SLEEP


I'm planning on using the Read-A-Thon to at least try to finish several books that I have started but just haven't gotten around to finishing.. With this in mind, I created a list of 5 books to read, but with the understanding that fewer than 5 is acceptable as well as interjecting some comic books and web comic archives.

Tentative Reading List

1) The Religion War by Scott Adams
2) Dead Eye - The Skinwalker Conspiracies by Jim Bernheimer
3) William Shakespeare's Star Wars by Drescher
4) The Disaster Artist by Greg Sestero & Tom Bissell
5) Earth by The Daily Show with Jon Stewart

Let me know if you have suggestions for audiobooks!

No comments:

Post a Comment